Registration for the following classes and programs, unless otherwise noted, can be made at the Southington Recreation Department at (860) 276-6219. Checks should be payable to Town of Southington. Pre-registration and payment is required. For more information, registration forms, or an activity schedule visit southington.org/recreation. Registration is first come, first served.
NOW thru JUNE 24
DOG OBEDIENCE CLASS REGISTRATION. Puppy and beginner Level 1 program runs on Tuesdays, June 25 to Aug. 6. Beginner Level 2 program runs on Thursdays, June 27 to Aug. 15. Class times vary at Stay N Play Pets, 420 N. Main St. Open to dogs, ages 10 weeks and up. Instructor is Kevin Medeiros. Cost is $135 per dog. More at southington.org/DogObedience.
NOW thru JULY 1
SKYHAWKS MINI-HAWK MULTI-SPORT CAMP REGISTRATION. Program runs Monday to Friday, July 8-12, 9 a.m. to noon, at DePaolo Middle School, 385 Pleasant St., Southington. Open to children ages 4-7 and focuses on baseball, basketball, and soccer. Cost is $125 per child. More at southington.org/MiniCamp.
DAYTIME YOUTH TENNIS PROGRAMS (SESSION II). Monday through Thursday with Friday rain dates, if necessary, on the Southington High School tennis courts. Open to Southington children ages 4-14. Cost is $70 per child. More at Southington.org/TennisAM.
NOW thru JULY 12
YOUTH SOCCER REGISTRATION (LATE REGISTRATION). Open to Southington boys and girls born in the years 2004 to 2013. Cost is $70 per child ($125 maximum per family). Register at southingtonyouthsoccer.org or at the Recreation Dept. office in Town Hall, 75 Main St.
NOW thru JUNE 30
SUMMER HOOPS PROGRAM REGISTRATION. Program runs Wednesdays, July 10 to Aug. 21 at Panthorn Park, Burritt St., Plantsville. Open to Southington residents entering grades 3-8. Rain dates on Thursdays. Times: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. (grades 3-4); 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. (grades 5-6); 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. (grades 7-8). Cost is $40 ($80 max per family) if registered by June 30. After July 1, cost is $40 ($90 max per family). More at sybahoops.org or in person.
DAYTIME YOUTH TENNIS PROGRAMS (SESSION III). Monday through Thursday with Friday rain dates, if necessary, on the Southington High School tennis courts. Open to Southington children ages 4-14. Cost is $70 per child. More at Southington.org/TennisAM.
NOW thru JULY 22
SKYHAWKS TRACK & FIELD CAMP REGISTRATION. Program runs Monday to Friday, July 29 to Aug. 2, 9 a.m. to noon, at the Southington High School track, 720 Pleasant St., Southington. Open to children ages 7-12. Students will be taught standard track & field events: long distance, sprints, soft hurdles, relays, shot put, discus, and standing long-jump. Cost is $125 per child. More at southington.org/TrackCamp.
NOW thru JULY 29
YOUTH BEACH VOLLEYBALL CAMP REGISTRATION. Program runs Monday to Thursday, Aug. 5-8, 9 a.m. to noon, at Recreation Park. Elevation Volleyball Acadamy will lead a beach volleyball camp for children ages 7-14. Cost is $145 per child. More at southington.org/VolleyballCamp.
S.T.E.A.M. CAMPS REGISTRATION. Program runs Monday-Frieday, Aug. 5-9, 9 a.m. to noon (ages 5-6) or 1 to 4 p.m. (ages 7-9), at the Southington Police Dept. education room, 69 Lazy Ln., Southington. Open to Southington children, ages 5-9. Students will create projects using LEGO materials. Cost is $130 per child ($140 for non-resident children). All materials provided. More at southington.org/STEAM.
JULY 29-AUG. 8
DAYTIME YOUTH TENNIS PROGRAMS (SESSION IV). Monday through Thursday with Friday rain dates, if necessary, on the Southington High School tennis courts. Open to Southington children ages 4-14. Cost is $70 per child. More at Southington.org/TennisAM.
MUSIC ON THE GREEN. Wednesdays, 7 to 9 p.m. on the Southington town green. Free concerts, along with a free car show. Rain dates will be held on Thursdays. (Sponsors are in parenthesis). For more info, visit southington.org/music.
- June 26, What It Is (Southington Police Union – LEAS)
- July 3 (No rain date), The Diamond Collection (Richard Chevrolet)
- July 10, Long Island Sound Band (Kiwanis Club; Showcase Auto & Recovery)
- July 17, Ball in the House (Tighe & Bond; Two Brothers Ice Cream)
- July 24, The Sam Vinci Orchestra (Sons of Italy, UNICO)
- July 31, BootLeg Band (Lions Club)
- Aug. 7, Dennis Polisky & Maestro’s Men (Polish Falcons)
- Aug. 14, The Glamour Girls (Atty. Elizabeth Kopec)
- Aug. 21, The Pop Rocks (Aqua Turf)
- Aug. 28, King Kountry (The Summit at Plantsville)
- Sept. 4, Soul Sound Revue (Ali’s Nursery; TD Bank)
- Sept. 11, Wooden Horse (Southington YMCA)
JUNE 26-AUG. 14
KID’S ENTERTAINMENT SERIES. 6 p.m. (first act) and 7 p.m. (second act) at the community pavilion at the Southington Drive-In, 995 Meriden-Waterbury Tpk., Plantsville. Bring a blanket or lawn chair and enjoy an evening of free entertainment. All ages welcome. More at southington.org/KES.
- June 26, Steve Taylor; Lefty’s Magic Show
- July 3, Rich Rothstein; John Banker
- July 10, Bryan Lizotte; The Amazing Andy
- July 17, Chick Kelman; Dan Stevens
- July 24, Bryson Lang & George Saterial (2-hour show)
- July 31, Tony Susi; Vanilla Swirl’s Flea Circus
- Aug. 7, Dancin’ With Hoops; The Amazing Andy
- Aug. 14, Rich Rothstein; Miss Ruth & Mr. Jim
For additional information and cost, visit southington.org/ BusTrips. Payment is due at registration. All trips are non-smoking and non-alcoholic. Insurance is available. Trips depart from the commuter lot in Cheshire on Route 10, close to the I-691. Checks should be made payable to Town of Southington. Contact the Recreation Dept at (860) 276-6219.
- June 23, Newport, R.I. “Servant Life” Tour, $109. (Rescheduled from May 19)
- July 13, Martha’s Vineyard (optional island tour), $119-$139.
- July 21, National Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, N.Y., $115.
- Aug. 10, Saratoga Race Course, $99.
- Sept. 15, Rhode Island Lighthouse Cruise, $129.
- Oct. 26, Philadelphia Food Tour, $115.
- Oct. 26, Salem, Mass., “Haunted Happenings,” $79.
- Nov. 9, Boston Christmas Festival, $81.
- Nov. 28, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, $77.