Registration for the following classes and programs, unless otherwise noted, can be made at the Southington Recreation Department at (860) 276-6219. Checks should be payable to Town of Southington. Pre-registration and payment is required. For more information, registration forms, or an activity schedule visit southington.org/recreation. Registration is first come, first served.
NOW thru APRIL 22
DOG OBEDIENCE CLASSES REGISTRATION. Register at southington.org/DogObedience. Program runs Tuesdays, April 23 to June 4 (Puppy and Beginner Level 1) or Thursdays, April 25 to June 6 (Beginner Level 2). Class times vary at Stay N Play Pets, 420 N. Main St., Southington. Open to dogs 10 weeks and up with up-to-date vaccinations. The instructor is Kevin Medeiros. Cost is $135 per dog.
NOW thru MAY 13
SKYHAWKS YOUTH SPORTS PROGRAMS. Register at southington.org/skyhawks. Five-week program begins the week of May 13 at Kennedy Middle School, 1071 S. Main St., Plantsville. Class times vary by program and age group. Cost is $75 per child. Skyhawks Sports Academy is pen to Southington residents ages 3-7. The Tiny-Hawk basketball and soccer program is open to ages 3-4. The Mini-Hawk soccer and baseball program is open to ages 4-7.
For additional information and cost, visit southington.org/ BusTrips. Payment is due at registration. All trips are non-smoking and non-alcoholic. Insurance is available. Trips depart from the commuter lot in Cheshire on Route 10, close to the I-691. Checks should be made payable to Town of Southington. Contact the Recreation Dept at (860) 276-6219.
- May 19, Newport, R.I. “Servant Life” Tour, $109.
- June 8, Lobster Bake in Gloucester and Rockport on Cape Ann (optional whale watch), $153-$189.
- June 15, Erie Canal Cruise (Second bus added), $159.
- July 13, Martha’s Vineyard (optional island tour), $119-$139.
- July 21, National Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, N.Y., $115.
- Aug. 10, Saratoga Race Course, $99.
- Sept. 15, Rhode Island Lighthouse Cruise, $129.
- Oct. 26, Philadelphia Food Tour, $115.
- Oct. 26, Salem, Mass., “Haunted Happenings,” $79.
- Nov. 9, Boston Christmas Festival, $81.
- Nov. 28, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, $77.