Registration for the following classes and programs, unless otherwise noted, can be made at the Southington Recreation Department at (860) 276-6219. Checks should be payable to Town of Southington. Pre-registration and payment is required. For more information, registration forms, or an activity schedule visit www.southington.org/recreation.
SOUTHINGTON POOL HOURS—Recreation Park and Memorial Park pools are open for the season. Regular hours of operation for both locations are: Monday-Friday, noon-8 p.m.; Saturdays and Sundays, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Pool facilities are free and open to Southington residents, but each resident may bring one non-resident guest. Proper ID and proof of residency is required to gain entry. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. More info and rules at www.southington.org/pools.
KID’S ENTERTAINMENT SERIES—Tuesdays through Aug. 22, 6 p.m.-8 p.m., at the Southington Drive-In, 995 Meriden Waterbury Tpk. Sponsored by the Southington Recreation Department. Bring a blanket or lawn chair and enjoy an evening of free entertainment for all ages. For a list of performances, visit www.southington.org/KES.
SKYHAWKS TRACK & FIELD CAMP—July 31-Aug. 4, from 9 a.m. to noon, at Southington High School. Open to Southington residents ages 7-12. Students will be taught standard track & field events: long distance, sprints, soft hurdles, relays, shot put, discus, and standing long-jump. Cost is $119. Info and forms at www.southington.org/TrackCamp.
FAMILY MUSIC THERAPY PROGRAM—Thursdays, Aug. 3-24, 5:30 p.m.-6:15 p.m., in the town hall lower meeting room, 75 Main St. Open to Southington resident children with special needs and their families. The program will nurture social, physical, and emotional skills through interactive music making, singing, playing instruments, and creative movement. Cost is $80. Info and forms at www.southington.org/MusicTherapy.
SAND VOLLEYBALL CAMP—Aug. 7-11, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., at Recreation Park. Open to Southington children, aged 7-14. Space is limited and registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Cost is $145. Forms and info at www.southington.org/SandVolleyball.
GIRLS YOUTH FIELD HOCKEY PROGRAM—Wednesdays, Aug. 30-Oct. 4, 5 p.m.-6 p.m. (grades 3-5) or Tuesdays and Thursdays, Aug. 29-Oct. 5, 5 p.m.-6 p.m. (grades 6-8), at the upper lacrosse field at Panthorn Park, 485 Burritt St. Students must bring their own equipment. Program fees vary. Forms, fees, and info at www.southington.org/FieldHockey.
MUSIC ON THE GREEN
Free concerts, along with a free car show, takes place every Wednesday May 31 through Sept. 6 on the Town Green. Music begins at 7 p.m. and ends at 9 p.m. Rain dates will be held on Thursdays. (Sponsors are in parenthesis). For more info, visit www.southington.org/MOTG
- July 26, I’Liguri (Sons of Italy, UNICO)
- Aug. 2, BootLeg Band (Drive-In Committee)
- Aug. 9, Pocket Full of Soul (Ali’s Nursery)
- Aug. 16, Kyle Niles Band (YMCA)
- Aug. 23, Darik and the Funbags (The Summit)
- Aug. 30, Heartbeat Dixieland Jazz Band (TD Bank)
- Sept. 6, Soul Sound Revue (Billy Carlson Heating & AC, Showcase Auto & Recovery)
- Sept. 13, River of Dreams (Tighe & Bond, Two Brothers Ice Cream)
For additional information and cost, visit www.southington.org/BusTrips. Payment is due at registration. All trips are non-smoking and non-alcoholic. Insurance is available. Trips depart from the commuter lot in Cheshire on Route 10, close to the I-691. Checks should be made payable to Town of Southington. Contact the Recreation Dept at (860) 276-6219.
- Aug. 13, Boston Pops by the Sea & Harbor Cruise, $140
- Sept. 9, 9/11 Memorial, Museum & Observatory, $138
- Sept. 30-October 1, NASCAR Racing at Dover Downs, $292-$534
- Oct. 1, Vermont Fall Foliage, $144
- Oct. 7-9, Montreal, Canada, $294-$674
- Oct. 28, Salem, MA “Haunted Happenings”, $84-98
- Nov. 23, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, $74
- Dec. 10, Newport Holiday at The Breakers, $94
- Dec. 15, Radio City Christmas Spectacular, $120