Registration for the following classes and programs, unless otherwise noted, can be made at the Southington Recreation Department at (860) 276-6219. Checks should be payable to Town of Southington. Pre-registration and payment is required. For more information, registration forms, or an activity schedule visit www.southington.org/recreation.
TOWN-WIDE LITTLE LEAGUE/GIRL’S SOFTBALL REGISTRATION—Saturday, Jan. 21 or Saturday, Feb. 4, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., in the Southington High School cafeteria. Open to Southington residents. The minimum age to participate is 5 years old as of Dec. 31, 2017. Fees vary by league; cash or check only. Parents should bring a certified birth certificate (with raised seal) and three forms of proof of residency. More infor at www.southington.org/LittleLeague.
ZUMBA CLASSES FOR ADULTS—Mondays and Wednesdays, Jan. 23 to March 27, 6:45 p.m.-7:45 p.m., in the Plantsville Elementary School gym. Open to Southington residents 18 and up. Cost is $70. Pre-registration and payment is required. More info and forms at www.southington.org/zumba.
ADULT MIXED BOWLING CLUB—Wednesdays, Jan. 25 to March 29, 7 p.m., at Apple Valley Bowl, 1304 S. Main St., Plantsville. Open to adults, 17 and up. Cost is $105 per person, which includes bowling, shoe rental, and a professionally fitted and drilled bowling ball to keep at the end of the program. Pre-registration and payment is required. Info and forms at www.southington.org/AdultBowling.
JUNIOR BOWLING CLUB—Saturday, Jan. 28 to April 1, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., at Apple Valley Bowl, 1304 S. Main St., Plantsville. Open to children, ages 6 to 16. Bumpers, coaching, and supervision will be available. Cost is $65, which includes bowling and shoe rental. Pre-registration and payment is required. Info and forms at www.southington.org/JrBowling.
ZUMBA KIDS CLASSES—Saturdays, Jan. 28 to Feb. 25, 9 a.m.-10 a.m. No experience needed. High-energy fitness parties with choreographed kid-friendly routines. Cost is $30 per child. Pre-registration and payment required. Info and forms at www.southington.org/ZumbaKids.
SOCCER CLUB REGISTRATION (SPRING)—Online registration for the spring season will be accepted through Wednesday, Feb. 1. Open to Southington boys and girls, ages 3 to 16. A copy of a birth certificate and a headshot photograph will need to be uploaded for all players (new and returning). Registration fees vary by program. Info and forms at www.southingtonsoccer.org.
ADULT FITNESS CLASSES—Tuesdays and Thursdays, Feb. 7-April 4, 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m., in the Kennedy Middle School gym. Low/high aerobics and strength training with free weights. Cost is $60. Info and forms at www.southington.org/fitness.
GIRLS VOLLEYBALL PROGRAM—Tuesdays, March 14-May 16, 6 p.m.-7 p.m. (grades 3-6) or 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. (grades 7-8). The program, open to Southington residents only, will be on both beginner and skilled players currently attending grades 3-8. Cost is $45 (grades 3-6), $50 (grades 7-8). Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Space is extremely limited. Info and forms at www.southington.org/volleyball.
For additional information and cost, visit www.southington.org/BusTrips. Payment is due at registration. All trips are non-smoking and non-alcoholic. Insurance is available. Trips depart from the commuter lot in Cheshire on Route 10, close to the I-691. Checks should be made payable to Town of Southington. Contact the Recreation Dept at (860) 276-6219.
- March 11, Maple Sugaring in the Berkshires, $104
- March 31-April 2, Washington D.C., $324-$538
- April 22, 9/11 Memorial, Museum & Observatory, $138
- April 29, Cubs vs. Red Sox at Fenway Park, $154
- May 6, Bronx Zoo, $84-$94
- May 27-29, Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park, $404-$804
- June 14-16, Cape May, NJ, $560-$704
- June 17, Erie Canal Cruise, $148
- July 15, Baseball Hall of Fame – Cooperstown, NY, $114
- July 16, Yankees vs. Red Sox at Fenway Park, $154
- July 26-28, Niagara Falls, NY, $404-$704
- Aug. 5, Whale Watch – Plymouth, MA, $104
- Aug. 13, Boston Pops by the Sea & Harbor Cruise, $140
- Aug. 19, Saratoga Race Course, $94
- Sept. 9, 9/11 Memorial, Museum & Observatory, $138
- Sept. 30-October 1, NASCAR Racing at Dover Downs, $292-$534
- Oct. 1, Vermont Fall Foliage, $144
- Oct. 7-9, Montreal, Canada, $294-$674
- Oct. 28, Salem, MA “Haunted Happenings”, $84-98
- Nov. 23, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, $74
- Dec. 10, Newport Holiday at The Breakers, $94
- Dec. 15, Radio City Christmas Spectacular, $TBD