Registration for the following classes and programs, unless otherwise noted, can be made at the Southington Recreation Department at (860) 276-6219. Checks should be payable to Town of Southington. Pre-registration and payment is required. For more information, registration forms, or an activity schedule visit www.southington.org/recreation.
DOUBLE DUTCH & JUMP ROPE CLASSES—Thursdays, Jan. 5 to March 9, 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m., in the Kelley Elementary School cafeteria. Open to Southington boys and girls, ages 8 to 13. Cost is $40 ($20 for each additional sibling). Class size is limited. Forms and info at www.southington.org/JumpRope.
YOUTH MARTIAL ARTS—Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays from Jan. 9 to Feb. 18 at Leadership Martial Arts, 1156 Meriden Waterbury Tpk., Plantsville. Class times vary by weekday and age group for 6-week introductory programs for children ages 4-12. Little Dragon program is open to ages 4-6; Karate Kids is open to ages 7-12. Cost is $69 per child and includes a uniform. Forms and info at www.southington.org/MartialArts.
KICKBOXING PROGRAM—Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays from Jan. 9 to Feb. 18 (Session I) or Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from Jan. 10 to Feb. 18 (Session II), at Leadership Martial Arts, 1156 Meriden Waterbury Tpk., Plantsville. Class times vary. Kickboxing Program. Kick-Fit kickboxing fitness and self defense program for men and woman ages 14 and up. Cost is $99 and includes boxing gloves. Forms and info at www.southington.org/kickboxing.
For additional information and cost, visit www.southington.org/BusTrips. Payment is due at registration. All trips are non-smoking and non-alcoholic. Insurance is available. Trips depart from the commuter lot in Cheshire on Route 10, close to the I-691. Checks should be made payable to Town of Southington. Contact the Recreation Dept at (860) 276-6219.
- March 11, Maple Sugaring in the Berkshires, $104
- March 31-April 2, Washington D.C., $324-$538
- April 22, 9/11 Memorial, Museum & Observatory, $138
- April 29, Cubs vs. Red Sox at Fenway Park, $154
- May 6, Bronx Zoo, $84-$94
- May 27-29, Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park, $404-$804
- June 14-16, Cape May, NJ, $560-$704
- June 17, Erie Canal Cruise, $148
- July 15, Baseball Hall of Fame – Cooperstown, NY, $114
- July 16, Yankees vs. Red Sox at Fenway Park, $154
- July 26-28, Niagara Falls, NY, $404-$704
- Aug. 5, Whale Watch – Plymouth, MA, $104
- Aug. 13, Boston Pops by the Sea & Harbor Cruise, $140
- Aug. 19, Saratoga Race Course, $94
- Sept. 9, 9/11 Memorial, Museum & Observatory, $138
- Sept. 30-October 1, NASCAR Racing at Dover Downs, $292-$534
- Oct. 1, Vermont Fall Foliage, $144
- Oct. 7-9, Montreal, Canada, $294-$674
- Oct. 28, Salem, MA “Haunted Happenings”, $84-98
- Nov. 23, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, $74
- Dec. 10, Newport Holiday at The Breakers, $94
- Dec. 15, Radio City Christmas Spectacular, $TBD