To the editor:
Southington’s inaugural White Christmas in the Community event, held on Dec. 2, was a tremendous success, and we thank everyone who came out to enjoy the festivities. We are especially grateful to the many volunteers, businesses, civic organizations and town departments who helped bring this event to fruition.
We look forward to building on the success of the inaugural event for the 2017 White Christmas in the Community. Please contact any member of the WCC Steering Committee with comments and suggestions—or if you’d like to help with the planning of the 2017 event.
The White Christmas in the Community Steering Committee was made up of: Rob Flood, Dawn Miceli, Joanne Alfieri, Dolores Fanelli, Susan Urillo Larson, Paul Armor, Bob Tonon, Christie Kuriger and Dottie Perry.
Additional thanks to:
- Downtown Southington Merchant Association Members: The Barnes Museum; Southington Community YMCA; Groggy Frogg; Paul Gregory’s; Simone’s Hair Salon; Vanity Rites Tattoo; DePaolo Furniture; Corporate Risk Solutions; Praline’s Cafe; Rose to the Occasion; The Fire Place; Chic Boutique; Anthony Jack’s; The Vacation Center; Bank of America; Geno’s Grille; Southington Elks; Webster Bank; TD Bank; Southington Community Cultural Arts; First Congregational Church; Farmington Bank; Mr. B’s Jerky; Team Demas Orthdontics; Caffe del Mondo; Liberty Bank; AE Design; Bradley Mountain Soaps; Florian Properties; Greater Southington Chamber of Commerce; and Langdon & Langdon Financial Services;
- Village of Plantsville Association Members: Quality Oil; Plantsville Pharmacy; Vnam Restaurant; Yi Hing Restaurant; Calvanese Realty; LuluBelle Gifts; CMC Computers; Zingarella Ristorante; Hydeaway Cafe; Plantsville Congregational Church; Plantsville Firehouse; Tavern 42; Hop Haus; Paula’s Consignment Shop; Volpe Auto; Wells Fargo Bank and Faith Living Church;
- White Christmas in the Community Platinum Sponsors: Community Foundation of Greater New Britain, Liberty Bank, the DePaolo Family Foundation, the Joe & Kay Calvanese Foundation, the Networking Club of Southington, Village of Plantsville Association, Downtown Merchants Association, Walgreens, Rotary of Southington and the Town of Southington;
- White Christmas in the Community Gold Sponsors: Southington UNICO, Superior Rental, Team Demas Orthodontics, Fasulo & Albini, Harry Cole and Son, Southington LIONS Club, Southington Band Backers, Six Point Wealth Advisors, Calcagni Real Estate, Chuck and Eddies and CV Tool;
- Other Sponsors and White Christmas in the Community Volunteers: Mark Zommer, Andy Bawa, Hop Haus, Cynthia McFarland, Kelsey Yount, Joanne Kelleher, Mary DeCroce, Mike Fasulo, Mike Riccio, Fred Kuriger, Mark and Mary Ann Adams, Tom Lombardi, Amanda Roberts, Joseph Mauriello, Jake Miceli, Charlie Cocuzza, Melissa Ericksen-Salmon, Mark Sciota, Chris Palmieri, Debra Carson, Jo Rapisarda, Rich Vocke, Lucia Chubet and Kevin Palladino;
Along with: Southington Town Council; Southington Parks and Recreation Department Staff and Crews, including Julia Berardinelli, Dave LaPreay and Mike Manware; Southington Parks and Recreation Board; Town Manager Garry Brumback and Town Attorney Mark Sciota; Police Chief Jack Daly, Lt. Mike Baribault, and the entire Southington Police Department; Southington Fire Dept. including our volunteer firefighters; CERT, Our Emergency Response Team, including Don MacKenzie, Dave Moses, Lynn Maschi, Kate Hutton, Steve Pintarich and Matt Stifel; LEAF, the Lewis Farms Educational Agriculture Program, and Mark Ramsay; Lions Club of Southington members including Rick Hanscom, Eddie Ebert, and Wayne Stanforth; Beth Hosmer and members of the Key Club; Jay Dubinsky and the SHS Interact Club; Mike Konopka and Girl Scout Troop 66856; SHS cheerleading squad and Coach Heather Allenback; and Polish Falcons Nest 307.
A sincere thank you to all who were involved (especially if we neglected to mention your name) in making this event happen. Happy holidays.
The White Christmas in the Community Steering Committee