Registration for the following classes and programs, unless otherwise noted, can be made at the Southington Recreation Department at (860) 276-6219. Checks should be payable to Town of Southington. Pre-registration and payment is required. For more information, registration forms, or an activity schedule visit www.southington.org/recreation.
MEN’S WINTER BASKETBALL PROGRAM—Registration open through Friday, Dec. 16. Games will begin in January. Open to Southington residents or Southington High School graduates 18 years or older. Proof of residency is required. Cost is $425 per team with a maximum of 3 non-resident/non-SHS grads per team ($50 per player). Forms and info at www.southington.org/basketball.
DOUBLE DUTCH & JUMP ROPE CLASSES—Thursdays, Jan. 5 to March 9, 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m., in the Kelley Elementary School cafeteria. Open to Southington boys and girls, ages 8 to 13. Cost is $40 ($20 for each additional sibling). Class size is limited. Forms and info at www.southington.org/JumpRope.
YOUTH MARTIAL ARTS—Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays from Jan. 9 to Feb. 18 at Leadership Martial Arts, 1156 Meriden Waterbury Tpk., Plantsville. Class times vary by weekday and age group for 6-week introductory programs for children ages 4-12. Little Dragon program is open to ages 4-6; Karate Kids is open to ages 7-12. Cost is $69 per child and includes a uniform. Forms and info at www.southington.org/MartialArts.
KICKBOXING PROGRAM—Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays from Jan. 9 to Feb. 18 (Session I) or Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from Jan. 10 to Feb. 18 (Session II), at Leadership Martial Arts, 1156 Meriden Waterbury Tpk., Plantsville. Class times vary. Kickboxing Program. Kick-Fit kickboxing fitness and self defense program for men and woman ages 14 and up. Cost is $99 and includes boxing gloves. Forms and info at www.southington.org/kickboxing.
For additional information and cost, visit www.southington.org/BusTrips. Payment is due at registration. All trips are non-smoking and non-alcoholic. Insurance is available. Trips depart from the commuter lot in Cheshire on Route 10, close to the I-691. Checks should be made payable to Town of Southington. Contact the Recreation Dept at (860) 276-6219.
- March 11, Maple Sugaring in the Berkshires, $104
- March 31-April 2, Washington D.C., $324-$538
- April 22, 9/11 Memorial, Museum & Observatory, $138
- April 29, Cubs vs. Red Sox at Fenway Park, $154
- May 6, Bronx Zoo, $84-$94
- May 27-29, Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park, $404-$804
- June 14-16, Cape May, NJ, $560-$704
- June 17, Erie Canal Cruise, $148
- July 15, Baseball Hall of Fame – Cooperstown, NY, $114
- July 16, Yankees vs. Red Sox at Fenway Park, $154
- July 26-28, Niagara Falls, NY, $404-$704
- Aug. 5, Whale Watch – Plymouth, MA, $104
- Aug. 13, Boston Pops by the Sea & Harbor Cruise, $140
- Aug. 19, Saratoga Race Course, $94
- Sept. 9, 9/11 Memorial, Museum & Observatory, $138
- Sept. 30-October 1, NASCAR Racing at Dover Downs, $292-$534
- Oct. 1, Vermont Fall Foliage, $144
- Oct. 7-9, Montreal, Canada, $294-$674
- Oct. 28, Salem, MA “Haunted Happenings”, $84-98
- Nov. 23, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, $74
- Dec. 10, Newport Holiday at The Breakers, $94
- Dec. 15, Radio City Christmas Spectacular, $TBD