The Southington Library has announced a number of upcoming programs. All are welcome. To register, contact (860) 628-0947, ext. 6552 or visit www.southingtonlibrary.org and click on ‘Calendar of Events.’ For children’s events, call ext. 3.
Here are some upcoming events:
- Dan Brookes is the November artist of the month. Gallery is open during Library hours, Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dan Brookes has been a writer, photographer, and graphic artist for over 60 years. He has traveled the world and photographed everything from babies and weddings to the indigenous peoples of the Amazon. Dan recently co-authored a book, “Shooting Vietnam,” based on his tour of duty in Vietnam during 1966 and 1967 as a photographer and photo lab technician.
- Bertucci’s Dining for Dollars fundraiser. Wednesday, Nov. 16, 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Bertucci’s on Queen Street, and 15 percent of the proceeds benefit the Southington Public Library Expansion Fund. Stop in the library to pick up a Dining for Dollars flyer. Visit Bertucci’s ofor dine in, carryout, or delivery.
- Keeping the Stress Out of Holiday Shopping with Coupons. Wednesday, Nov. 16, 6:30 p.m. Registration required. Gina Juliano reveals how you can earn Amazon.com gift cards for free just by doing searches on the internet. Cut your grocery purchases in half, never pay for toiletries again, earn cash back on all the gifts you buy online, buy $25 restaurant gift certificates for as little as $2, and fill your kids’ stockings for free. Seating is limited.
- Talking Probate with Probate Judge Matthew Jalowiec. Friday, Nov. 18, 10 a.m. Registration is suggested. Judge Jalowiec will be available for approximately an hour to answer general probate questions.
- Talking Probate with Probate Judge Matthew Jalowiec. Friday, Dec. 16, 10 a.m. Registration is suggested. Judge Jalowiec will be available for approximately an hour to answer general probate questions.
- Two-gether Tales. Mondays, 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Registration required. This story time is meant to engage 2 and 3 year olds, along with siblings and adults.
- Read, Rock & Rhyme. Tuesdays, 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Registration required. This story time is meant to engage 10 to 23 months old, along with siblings and adults.
- Budding Bookworms. Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Registration required. This story time is meant to engage 3.5 to 5 years old, along with siblings and adults.
- Wheeler Senior Community Health Outreach Coordinator. Mondays, 10 a.m. to noon, or Wednesdays, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wheeler Clinic’s senior community health outreach coordinator Justine Micalizzi will provide information about mental health, substance use disorders and recovery resources, early childhood and other local programs and services in the community with linkage to local providers.
- Pages to Color Workshop. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to noon; Tuesdays, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., on the mezzanine. No registration required. The coloring sessions at the Library are a free, unstructured time for adults, 18 and over. The Library will provide coloring pages, pencils and markers. Feel free to bring your own pencils, markers and coloring sheets.