The Southington Library has announced a number of upcoming programs. All are welcome. To register, contact (860) 628-0947, ext. 6552 or visit www.southingtonlibrary.org and click on ‘Calendar of Events.’ For children’s events, call ext. 3.
Here are some upcoming events:
- Farmington River Artists, artist of the month. Through Oct. 31 at the Gallery. Students of the Farmington River School of Art in Plainville will present their work, including Abbe Wade (P.R. Bailey), Renald Fecteau, Agnes Wong, Dolores “Dee” Krampitz, Zofia Soto, and Beverly Hollis.
- Breast Health and Wellness. Friday, Oct. 21, 11 a.m. Registration required. Learn the latest advances in breast cancer screening, breast cancer risk assessment, and genetic testing from Dr. Sai Varanasi, of the Beekley Center for Breast Health and Wellness.
- Free blood pressure screenings. Friday, Oct. 28, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., at the community outreach table. Provided by a Wheeler Clinic registered nurse.
- Reading Between the Lines Book Discussion Series. Thursday, Nov. 10, 3 p.m. th at 3:00 p.m. Registration required. The Reading Between the Lines Book Discussion Series offers its final fall afternoon discussion with Carole Shmurak. “A Sleeping Life” by Ruth Rendell will be discussed. Copies of the books will be available at the Reference Desk on a first come basis. Registration is required.
- Two-gether Tales. Mondays, 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Registration required. This story time is meant to engage 2 and 3 year olds, along with siblings and adults.
- Read, Rock & Rhyme. Tuesdays, 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Registration required. This story time is meant to engage 10 to 23 months old, along with siblings and adults.
- Budding Bookworms. Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Registration required. This story time is meant to engage 3.5 to 5 years old, along with siblings and adults.
- Wheeler Senior Community Health Outreach Coordinator. Mondays, 10 a.m. to noon, or Wednesdays, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wheeler Clinic’s senior community health outreach coordinator Justine Micalizzi will provide information about mental health, substance use disorders and recovery resources, early childhood and other local programs and services in the community with linkage to local providers.
- Pages to Color Workshop. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to noon; Tuesdays, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., on the mezzanine. No registration required. The coloring sessions at the Library are a free, unstructured time for adults, 18 and over. The Library will provide coloring pages, pencils and markers. Feel free to bring your own pencils, markers and coloring sheets.