The Southington Library has announced a number of upcoming programs. All are welcome. To register, contact (860) 628-0947, ext. 6552 or visit www.southingtonlibrary.org and click on ‘Calendar of Events.’ For children’s events, call ext. 3.
Here are some upcoming events:
- Summer Hours. The Southington Public Library will be closed on Saturdays in August.
- Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream for Teens. Friday, Aug. 12. Registration required with Julie Rio, firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 628-0947, option 5.
- Necla Balasaygun “Summer Fun Exhibit.” Through Aug. 31 at the library gallery. A Bristol resident born in Istanbul, Turkey, Balasaygun will exhibit her oil paintings. She’s a member of the Southington Arts and Crafts Assoc., winning the “Best in Oil” award in 2015.
- Book folding, an easy and fun hobby. Thursday, Aug. 11, 6:30 p.m. Registration required.
- Free blood pressure screenings. Friday, Aug. 19, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., at the community outreach table. Provided by a Wheeler Clinic registered nurse
- Mindful Meditation for Adults. Monday, Aug. 22, 6:30 p.m. Registration required.
- Relaxing Yoga with Molly. Thursday, Aug. 25, 9:30 a.m. Registration required.
- Where are all the honey bees? Thursday, July 28, 6:30 p.m. Registration required. Catherine Wolko, a member of the Connecticut Farm Bureau, the Backyard Beekeepers Association, and the American Beekeeping Federation, will offer a presentation focused on the plight of the honey bee, how to attract honey bees, and why honey bees are vital to the success of our environment. Catherine will have displays of old and new beekeeping equipment in addition to honey recipes and handouts.
- Bats, benefits, and white nose syndrome. Monday, Aug. 29, 6:30 p.m. Registration required.
- Free blood pressure screenings. Friday, Sept. 30, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., at the community outreach table. Provided by a Wheeler Clinic registered nurse
- Free blood pressure screenings. Friday, Oct. 28, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., at the community outreach table. Provided by a Wheeler Clinic registered nurse
- Two-gether Tales. Mondays, 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Registration Required. This story time is meant to engage 2 and 3 year olds, along with siblings and adults.
- Read, Rock & Rhyme. Tuesdays, 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Registration required. This story time is meant to engage 10 to 23 months old, along with siblings and adults.
- Budding Bookworms. Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Registration required. This story time is meant to engage 3.5 to 5 years old, along with siblings and adults.
- Wheeler Senior Community Health Outreach Coordinator. Mondays, 10 a.m. to noon, or Wednesdays, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wheeler Clinic’s senior community health outreach coordinator Justine Micalizzi will provide information about mental health, substance use disorders and recovery resources, early childhood and other local programs and services in the community and provide information and assistance with linkage to local providers.
- Pages to Color Workshop. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to noon; Tuesdays, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., on the mezzanine. No registration required. The coloring sessions at the Library are a free, unstructured time for adults, 18 and over. The Library will provide coloring pages, pencils and markers. Feel free to bring your own pencils, markers and coloring sheets.
- Talking Probate with Probate Judge Matthew Jalowiec. Last Friday of the Month through Sept. 30, 10 a.m. Registration is suggested. Judge Jalowiec will be available for approximately an hour to answer general probate questions.