The Southington Library has announced a number of upcoming programs. All are welcome. To register, contact (860) 628-0947, ext. 6552 or visit www.southingtonlibrary.org and click on ‘Calendar of Events.’ For children’s events, call ext. 3.
Here are some upcoming events:
- Summer Hours begin. The Southington Public Library will be closed on Saturdays beginning July 1.
- Jane M. White is July Artist of the Month. Jane M. White, of Southington, will be exhibiting her watercolors and pastels in a show entitled, “From My Perspective.” Landscapes include places she has traveled to and photographed. White manages The Gallery at the Orchards and exhibits at more than 20 art shows throughout the state. www.JaneWhiteFineArt.com.
- Summer programs at the Children’s Department. 9 a.m. Mondays through Fridays. A different drop-in activity every day of the week. Make It Monday; Tattoo Tuesday; Wacky Wednesday; Thankful Thursday; and Freeze Pop Friday. In addition, Wednesdays at 6 p.m. are “Family Maker Night” and Thursdays at 7 p.m. are “Family Storytime.”
- Summer reading programs. Calendar available at the Children’s Service Desk. Registration has begun for the Summer Reading Program from preschool to middle school for a chance to win a BB-8 robot.
The Teens have fun activities this summer.
- Drum Circle for Teens. Wednesday, July 13, 7 p.m. Registration required with Julie Rio, email@example.com or (860) 628-0947, option 5. Jami Ray and his “Garden of Beats.”
- Henna Designs for Teens. Wednesday, July 27, 6:30 p.m. Registration required with Julie Rio, firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 628-0947, option 5. Created by Paisley Peacock Body Arts.
- How to “Bee”come a Beekeeper. Tuesday, July 26, 6:30 p.m. Honey bee history in Connecticut. Registration required.
- Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream for Teens. Friday, Aug. 12. Registration required with Julie Rio, email@example.com or (860) 628-0947, option 5.
- Necla Balasaygun is August Artist of the Month.
- Solo Travel Boot Camp. Monday, Aug. 1, 6:30 p.m. Registration required.
- Relaxing Yoga with Molly. Thursday, Aug. 25, 9:30 a.m. Registration required.
- Bats, benefits, and white nose syndrome. Monday, Aug. 29, 6:30 p.m. Registration required.
- Library Seeks Substitutes. Southington Public Library is seeking individuals for per diem positions assisting with the lending desk, children’s department, and reference department. Applicants must have a master’s degree in library science and need to be able to work with the public with a flexible availability. Apply to www.applitrack.com/southingtonschools/onlineapp/default.aspx and reference job ID 1120.
- Two-gether Tales. Mondays, 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Registration Required. This story time is meant to engage 2 and 3 year olds, along with siblings and adults.
- Read, Rock & Rhyme. Tuesdays, 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Registration required. This story time is meant to engage 10 to 23 months old, along with siblings and adults.
- Budding Bookworms. Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Registration required. This story time is meant to engage 3.5 to 5 years old, along with siblings and adults.
- Wheeler Senior Community Health Outreach Coordinator. Mondays, 10 a.m. to noon, or Wednesdays, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wheeler Clinic’s senior community health outreach coordinator Justine Micalizzi will provide information about mental health, substance use disorders and recovery resources, early childhood and other local programs and services in the community and provide information and assistance with linkage to local providers.
- Pages to Color Workshop. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to noon; Tuesdays, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., on the mezzanine. No registration required. The coloring sessions at the Library are a free, unstructured time for adults, 18 and over. The Library will provide coloring pages, pencils and markers. Feel free to bring your own pencils, markers and coloring sheets.
- Talking Probate with Probate Judge Matthew Jalowiec. Last Friday of the Month through Sept. 30, 10 a.m. Registration is suggested. Judge Jalowiec will be available for approximately an hour to answer general probate questions. The Judge cannot give specific legal advice; all his responses will be procedural in nature and contain a general overview of the law.