The Southington Library has announced a number of upcoming programs. All are welcome. To register, contact (860) 628-0947, ext. 6552 or visit www.southingtonlibrary.org and click on ‘Calendar of Events.’ For children’s events, call ext. 3.
Here are some upcoming events:
- Summer Hours begin. The Southington Public Library will be closed on Saturdays beginning July 1. In addition the library will be closed on Monday, July 4 to celebrate Independence Day.
- Jane M. White is July Artist of the Month. Jane M. White, of Southington, will be exhibiting her watercolors and pastels in a show entitled, “From My Perspective.” Landscapes include places she has traveled to and photographed. White manages The Gallery at the Orchards and exhibits at more than 20 art shows throughout the state. www.JaneWhiteFineArt.com.
- Library Seeks Substitutes. Southington Public Library is seeking individuals for per diem positions assisting with the lending desk, children’s department, and reference department. Applicants must have a master’s degree in library science and need to be able to work with the public with a flexible availability. Apply to www.applitrack.com/southingtonschools/onlineapp/default.aspx and reference job ID 1120.
- Two-gether Tales. Mondays, 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Registration Required. This story time is meant to engage 2 and 3 year olds, along with siblings and adults.
- Read, Rock & Rhyme. Tuesdays, 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Registration required. This story time is meant to engage 10 to 23 months old, along with siblings and adults.
- Budding Bookworms. Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Registration required. This story time is meant to engage 3.5 to 5 years old, along with siblings and adults.
- Wheeler Senior Community Health Outreach Coordinator. Mondays, 10 a.m. to noon, or Wednesdays, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wheeler Clinic’s senior community health outreach coordinator Justine Micalizzi will provide information about mental health, substance use disorders and recovery resources, early childhood and other local programs and services in the community and provide information and assistance with linkage to local providers.
- Pages to Color Workshop. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. to noon; Tuesdays, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., on the mezzanine. No registration required. The coloring sessions at the Library are a free, unstructured time for adults, 18 and over. The Library will provide coloring pages, pencils and markers. Feel free to bring your own pencils, markers and coloring sheets.
- Talking Probate with Probate Judge Matthew Jalowiec. Last Friday of the Month through Sept. 30, 10 a.m. Registration is suggested. Judge Jalowiec will be available for approximately an hour to answer general probate questions. The Judge cannot give specific legal advice; all his responses will be procedural in nature and contain a general overview of the law.