The following obituaries will be published in this week’s Southington Observer. For more information, look to Friday’s print or e-editions:
- Viola (Campbell) Ayotte, 83, of Southington, died on Wednesday, Oct. 14 at the Hospical of Central Connecticut at New Britain General. She had been the wife of the late Joseph Ayotte.
- Mary Karen Emmendorfer, 75, of Southington, died on Wednesday, Oct. 14 at Yale New Haven Hospital after complications from heart surgery. She was the wife of Edward Emmendorfer, whom she met in Michigan and married on Jan. 6, 1962,
- James “Gage” Gager, 57, of Southington, died on Thursday, Oct. 8, surrounded by family.
- Diane M. (Kennedy) Graves, 67, of Plantsville, died on Friday, Oct. 9 at the Summit at Plantsville. She was married to Donald Graves for 40 years.
- Eugene N. Kelly, 89, of Suffield, died on Tuesday, Oct. 13, surrounded by family, at VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit at St. Mary’s Hospital. He was the husband of Dolores (Balesano) Kelly for 66 years.
- Concetta V. (Lanosa) Laporta, 99, died on Thursday, Oct. 15, surrounded by family at the Southington Care Center. She had been the wife of the late Frank P. LaPorta for 67 years, until he passed away in 2002.
- Evelyn (Beebe) Meier, 98, of Southington, died at home on Thursday, Oct. 8. She was the wife of the late Walter Meier.
- David P. Surveski, 54, of Southington, died on Sunday, Oct. 11 at Connecticut Hospice in Branford, after a long illness.
- Edward H. “Chip” Walsh, of Southington, died at home on Thursday Oct. 8. He was married to Janice Walsh for 52 years.
Do you have an obituary that you would like printed in The Southington Observer? Send the information to The Southington Observer, care of the editor John Goralski at JGoralski@SouthingtonObserver.com, mail it to The Southington Observer, 213 Spring St., Southington, CT 06489, or fax it to The Southington Observer at (860)621-1841. Deadline is noon on Friday for the following week’s edition. The editor reserves the right to edit all notices for clarity, length, grammar, and style.