American Legion Kiltonic Post 72 has announced the schedule for Memorial Day services on Monday, May 25, including the annual Memorial Day parade and services at local cemeteries. The veteran organizations from Southington will hold a joint flag raising ceremony at the Southington Care Center at 8:45 a.m.
The Memorial Day parade is scheduled for Monday, May 25, following a serpentine route from Derynoski Elementary School to the Southington Town Green. Parade participants will gather at Derynoski Elementary School’s lower parking lot on Eden Ave., between 9:45 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. The parade is scheduled to begin the route at 10:30 a.m.
- From Derynoski Elementary School, the parade will proceed west on Eden Avenue to Liberty Street.
- The procession will take a right and continue north on Liberty Street to the intersection of Columbus Avenue.
- The parade onto Columbus Avenue and will turn left (east) onto Center Street, proceeding to the town green.
- The parade will turn right onto Apple Way, passing American Legion Kiltonic Post 72, and will continue to Columbus Avenue.
- The line will make the final right hand turn (east) onto Columbus Avenue., where the participating school bands, civic organizations, and local groups will disband and disperse.
- A Ceremony honoring Veterans will be held immediately following the parade in front of the American Legion Home, at 64 Main Street.
American Legion Kiltonic Post 72 will be conducting their annual Memorial Day services at the following locations in Southington on Monday, May 25:
7:45 a.m. at Wonx Springs Cemetery, Marion Avenue in Plantsville.
8 a.m. a t Quinnipiac Cemetery, Marion Avenue in Southington.
8:20 a.m. at Recreation Park, South End Road in Southington.
8:30 a.m. at South End Cemetery, South End Road in Southington.
8:35 a.m. at Immaculate Cemetery, South End Road in Southington.
The Marine Corp. League will be conducting Memorial services at the following locations in Southington on Monday, May 25:
7:30 a.m. at Memorial Park, Woodruff Street in Southington.
7:45 a.m. at Oak Hill Cemetery, Queen Street and Flanders Road in Southington.
8:05 a.m. at Holy Trinity Cemetery, Prospect Street in Plantsville.
8:15 a.m. at West Street Cemetery, West Street Extension in Plantsville.
8:35 a.m. at St. Thomas Cemetery, Meriden Avenue in Southington.